Customer Experience in Financial Services Virtual 2021
DAY 1|21st October 2021
8:00 am Speed networking & CX brainstorm
Attendees are challenged to schedule a 15-minute 1-2-1 video meeting with another random online attendee via the platform meeting feature and discuss one of the following questions:
- As a banking customer yourself, what would you like from your financial services provider?
- Tell me what you wish were different about the current CX approach in the industry?
- What kind of innovation would transform how your customers interact with your organisation?
It’s a great way to break the ice, gain some insight, and make new connections!
8:30 am Keynote interview What do customers expect from financial services in a post-Covid world?
- Putting the spotlight on rapidly evolving distribution models and next-era customer expectations post-Covid
- Comparing strategies to create a personalized customer experience across financial markets – how do workplace pensions differ from retail savings and insurance when it comes to client needs?
- Identifying which customer journey touchpoints should be digital versus human in the long-term
- Addressing the key trends driving pensions, from ethical investments to data insights and engagement initiatives
SME Solutions Director, Corporate, UK Insurance
9:00 am Session reserved for Boost.ai
9:30 am Looking beyond: how can open banking evolve into open finance?
- Hear about the latest initiatives in open banking innovation, from innovative payment systems and ID verification to digital propositions
- Unpacking the major regulatory challenges with open banking models and data sharing in the UK and beyond
- Exploring the key players in this area and emerging commercial models to monetise customer outcomes
- Assessing the future of the banking landscape, and how governments, the financial sector, and other industries can realistically create an open finance society for customer convenience – what are the major barriers to achieve this?
Head of Bank of API’s
10:00 am Session reserved for Unblu
10:30 am Networking break – visit exhibition hall
10:45 am PANEL DISCUSSION Do FinTech partnerships drive or kill innovation in banking?
- Looking at where FinTech and challenger banks have the edge over traditional banks in meeting next-generation customer needs
- Asking whether competition between FinTech and mainstream banks is healthy or distracts the latter from steady growth
- Recognising that FinTechs’ strengths come from emerging in a different ecosystem to that of the traditional financial institution – are these two separate spheres with different customer bases?
- Assessing when it’s right for banks to take the plunge and collaborate with FinTechs to benefit both parties and power innovation in banking
Lead Analyst, Thematic & Fintech Research
Fintech and Partnerships Lead
Lloyds Banking Group
Senior Vice President, Innovation Catalyst and Fintech Partnership Lead
11:15 am Session reserved for Moxtra
11:45 am Transforming customer journeys to create positive end-to-end experiences
- Presenting best practices in customer journey transformation through agile working
- Cross-functional and client-centric: how to ensure the customer journey has input from design, compliance, and technical teams and represents the voice of the customer
- Exploring how to look at the bigger picture and truly elevate the value proposition for clients to stay relevant
- Offering real world examples of customer centric digital initiatives, such as modernizing the mobile banking app
Chief Product Owner - Engagement Platform
Nationwide Building Society
12:15 pm Optimising the customer experience via app, conversation, and automation
- Enhancing the personalized digital customer experience through online banking, chat platforms and mobile applications
- Showcasing how client conversation via Chat and app provides a great opportunity to improve experience and reduce cost to serve
- Comparing Mobile UI versus chat dialogues and how to deliver a positive customer journey
- Looking at how to retain the human touch in automated banking technology
Head of Digital Delivery
12:45 pm Networking break – visit exhibition hall
1:00 pm Session available for sponsor
1:30 pm Predictive versus reactive data: preventing customer dissatisfaction before it occurs
- Defining the limitations of using reactive data to inform a CX strategy, looking at weaknesses in post-transaction customer feedback
- Harnessing the power of predictive data analytics, measuring smartphone and interaction data in real-time to generate useful insights about customer preference and behaviour
- Breaking down different types of predictive data and how this can be utilised to paint a picture of the entire customer journey
- Making data science a reality: assessing whether banks should invest in turning data insight into action
SVP - BI, Data Labs and Innovation
2:00 pm Session reserved for Verint
2:30 pm Virtual assistants, chat bots, and robo-advice: How do we strike the balance when digitalising the customer journey?
- Defining the best scenarios for using digitalized tools to put banking in the customer’s hands versus offering a human service
- Discussing what next-gen and older generation clients prefer in the customer journey – are AI-powered tools suitable for everyone?
- Looking at how client needs differ across the sector from retail banking to wealth management and if the pandemic has shifted the customer and advisor dynamic
- Observing the latest innovation in virtual assistants, AI- powered chat bots, digital advisory tools, and game-changing technology
Program Director - Artificial Intelligence
3:00 pm Networking break – visit exhibition hall
3:15 pm Enhancing data discoverability and data protection in banking for optimized performance
- Discover the endless possibilities for financial institutions when taking advantage of Big Data
- Data lineage: explaining how to map the data journey to create meaningful insights to turn into action and power data discoverability
- Presenting the concept of data surveillance and how to prevent data loss
- Embedding effective data protection measures into systems and services to protect the customer data and comply with GDPR and other regulations
- Discussing strategies to triangulate Big Data to truly know your customer and have a competitive advantage
Head of Data and Digital, C&EX
Finance Governance, CBO and T&O COO, DBS Bank
3:45 pm Investing in a customer-centric culture to drive customer satisfaction
- Making the case to enforce customer-centric thinking and cross-functional collaboration in financial institutions to deliver first class customer experience
- Highlighting the benefits of transforming workforce culture through agile transformation and a customer centric way of working
- Unlocking how to measure and improve customer impact with CX Metrics, CX dashboards, and NPS Drivers
- Hear success stories from the CX Hub including behaviour shifting initiatives like the CX Growth Scan, CX Day and The CX Champions League
Customer Experience Lead Netherlands & Belgium
4:15 pm End of conference
Please get in touch if you are interested in sponsorship opportunities:
Head of Financial Services
Telephone: +44 (0)207 9366 552
The Customer Experience in Financial Services programme is written in collaboration with industry, if you would have a case study, idea or just a comment, please contact:
Senior Conference Producer
T: +44 (0) 20 7947 2988