Highlight from 2018’s Agenda
The 2018 edition of the Clinical Trial Supply East Coast Event showcased a fantastic line-up of speakers from the best Pharma and Biotech companies. Among these sessions, some were particularly enlightening and engaging:
- Matt Moyer, Director Clinical Supply Technology at Merck kicked the conference off with an insightful session on the new innovations that will change the landscape of clinical trials in the years to come. He explored Mobile Healthcare Technology, Blockchain but also podular manufacturing to enable on-demand and on-location production of clinical supplies
- Hans von Steiger, Group Leader, Clinical Supply Chain Management at Pfizer presented the GS1 project to create clinical supply data standards, and shed light on how this project can improve efficiency, fostering e-labeling and electronic communication.
- Jeff Conover, Associate Director, Global Clinical Supplies, at Novartis presented an informative case study on how to choose the best packaging solution for your clinical study. He balanced the different options of Centralised and Decentralised packaging strategy, and JIT labeling to facilitate decision making according to each clinical study.
- Beth Zaharoff, Director, Patient Focused Clinical Trial Engagement at TESARO led the engaging On-Stage Interview session to discuss patient centricity and understand how to work with the “experts” to make trials more feasible and less burdensome. In this interview, Beth highlighted how a more patient centric clinical trial will facilitate recruitment and retention and so will prevent delays and costs.
- What if one of the most efficient ways to reduce clinical trial supply costs was to minimize waste in your supply chain? Russell Brierley, Director Clinical Supplies at Lupin Inc., Elizabeth Bean, Clinical Trials Supplies Study Manager at CSL Behring and Surani Fernando, Editor, North America, at GlobalData Healthcare debated this question and explored innovative ways to achieve this in a very interesting panel discussion.
We hope you enjoyed our selection of case studies and speakers as much as we did! We’re always on the lookout for interesting presentations, so if you have a case study, example or a story you’d like to share in the 2019 edition please contact the Programme Director, Charlie Abrines: Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Arena’s business-to-business events offer a myriad of opportunities for sponsors and exhibitors to drive their businesses forward.
Our sponsorship packages help companies educate ther target market on key industry issues and spread brand awareness throughout the
If you want to discuss how we can help you generate leads and add-value to your corporate and brand image please contact:
+44 (0)20 7936 6948