Highlights on the 2018 Agenda
The 2018 edition hosted a fantastic line-up of speakers from the most important retail banks and disruptive start-ups to explore the challenges and opportunities new regulations and innovations. Among those topics, some were particularly important and insightful:
- Ben Lillywhite from Tandem kicked off the conference asking the audience to hug, representing collaboration between banks and start-ups. He also talked about how challenger banks maintain agility despite growth, leaving the audience with key takeaways and applicable lessons.
- Laurent Herbillon from BNP Paribas, delivered a very insightful case study on BNP Paribas’ open innovation way, their focus and the main initiatives they have implemented to transform the business.
- Robin Jeffery from Nationwide presented a very engaging session in which he developed strategies to support “Culture Change” and encourage innovation within your business.
- Adrian Smyth from NatWest revealed how to leverage the API ecosystem to increase partnership opportunities for incumbents, presenting a use-case example of how this has worked in practice.
- John Egan, the Global CEO of L’Atelier BNP Paribas jumped on stage to discuss with Kit Carson from GlobalData about how to embrace blockchain to increase security and cut costs.
- Helene Oger-Zaher from the EBA, Bill Roberts from the CMA and Graeme McLean from the FCA gathered in a panel discussion to discuss the impact of regulators on innovation. They provided insight into the role of the regulators to understand how they are relevant to you, and they demystified the EU and UK regulations framework, discussing about PSD2 and GDPR.
We’re always on the lookout for interesting presentations, if you have a case study, example or a story you’d like to share in the 2019 edition of the Harnessing FinTech Innovation in Retail Banking, contact us at Natacha.email@example.com
Arena’s business-to-business events offer a myriad of opportunities for sponsors and exhibitors to drive their businesses forward.
Our sponsorship packages help companies educate ther target market on key industry issues and spread brand awareness throughout the
If you want to discuss how we can help you generate leads and add-value to your corporate and brand image please contact:
+44 (0)20 7936 6948