9:00 am Placing health and wellness at the centre of NPD
- Delivering health and enhanced wellness through innovative ready-to-drink beverages
- Leveraging health trends to expand growth in beverages
- Innovating tea and coffee brands with a health focus
- Meeting the demands of increasingly health-conscious consumers
Global Head of New Product Development
Tata Global Beverages
9:30 am Beyond the Bottle: The digitalization of beverage consumption for a new, engaging and sustainable drinking experience
- Digital dispensing systems enable new business models
- Digital technologies enhance consumer engagement
- Advanced equipment offers new product experience
President & CEO
10:00 am Speed networking
In this structured networking session delegates will have 2 minutes to meet a partner face-to-face, introduce themselves and share their biggest challenge before moving onto the next delegate.
10:30 am Morning refreshments and networking
11:00 am Panel discussion: What is the potential of CBD drinks in Europe?
- What is the current regulatory framework for CBD-infused drinks in Europe?
- How to overcome the technical challenges of producing quality CBD products?
- How to brand CBD drinks as a wellness and wellbeing product?
- How to avoid commoditization as the legal framework adapts to the CBD trend?
South West Brands Ltd
Technical Project Manager
11:40 am Assessing the potential of brain boosting ingredients and 'alternative' energy drinks
- Exploring the potential of natural, functional and brain boosting energy drinks
- Assessing key ingredients from matcha green tea to B vitamins to mushrooms
- Pinpointing and promoting specific functional benefits
- Ensuring efficacy with new, natural functional ingredients
Naresh K Pagidimarry
Research Manager, GLYSURE LTD.
Account Director - Instantly
12:10 pm The future of zero calorie sweeteners and innovation
- Food and Beverage Health and Wellness Trends Towards Sweeteners
- Stevia: Offering the Best of Both Worlds To Consumers
- What’s Next in Stevia Innovation?
12:40 pm Networking lunch
2:30 pm Moving toward a circular economy through packaging and sustainability
- Clarifying the latest amendments and developments in packaging regulation including Single Use Plastic ban
- Achieving functional packaging to increase sustainability
- Supporting 100% collection and taking post-consumption responsibility
- How to engage with the consumer
Sustainability Director Europe
The Coca-Cola Company
3:00 pm New functional drinks
- CPT: A legal alternative to CBD for Europe with CBD like-effects!
- Sinalco, Sweethouse-and Taiyo are launching two new Cola Concepts
- Fibercola/AMPK Cola. Energy 4.0-Concept
- Moringa Cola: A new “African” Cola Concept. Energy 5.0 – Concept
3:30 pm Regulatory update: EU Plastics and packaging policy
- Circular Economy Action Plan
- Revision of the Packaging & Packaging Waste Directive
- Eco-modulated fees. Risks and opportunities
- Revision of the essential requirements
- Understanding the new rules around single use plastics
- The idea of taxing non-recycled plastics
Packaging and Environment Manager
4:00 pm Afternoon refreshments and networking
4:30 pm The power of the coconut: Transforming the coconut water category
- Responding to consumer demands for free-from, low sugar and plant-based products
- Leveraging premiumisation through brand, story-telling and ethical origins
- Innovating the category with successful new products and concepts
- Looking ahead to new categories including almond milk and energy drinks
Managing Director UK&I
5:00 pm A Retailer’s perspective: What’s hot right now?
- An overview of current trends and best-selling segments
- Predicting the next big trends for 2020
- Leveraging loyalty card data to understand consumer demands
Buying Manager, Beer, Cider, Spirits, Soft Drinks & Tobacco
5:30 pm Closing remarks from Pure Circle
9:00 am Roundtable discussions
In these interactive discussions, delegates will have the opportunity to pose their biggest questions directly to industry experts in small working groups on the topic of their choice.
Roundtable 1) How to approach plant-based products?
Led by Christine Iversen, Head of Innovation, Sunniva Drikker
Roundtable 2) Reserved for Celli
Roundtable 3) Does sugar reduction and clean label limit the opportunities for great taste experiences?
Led by Phillippa Holford, Chief Flavourist, Sensient
Head of Innovation
10:30 am Morning refreshments and networking
12:30 pm Enhancing carbonation with CO2 Sustain
Sustain Co2 Ltd
11:00 am Leveraging premiumisation in non-alcoholic beverages
- Positioning your products and brand as premium
- Understanding what is considered premium in soft drinks amongst consumers
- Reflecting premium products in packaging to differentiate
- Assessing popular flavor trends in premium products
- Looking ahead to future trends in premiumisation
Head of Tea
11:30 am Best-in-class botanical extracts for functional beverages
- An overview of the current beverage trends from naturalness & well-being to targeted health benefits
- Differentiation of the beverage market: looking ahead to new categories
- Quenching consumers’ thirst for functional & clean label drinks with best-in-class botanical extracts
12:00 pm The British solution to the war on sugar: Could customisation be the answer?
- Listening to consumer views on sugar content
- Responding to the sugar debate with a customisable beverage
- Tapping into consumer demands for flexible diets, mindful drinking and empowerment
- Creating an exciting adult soft drink for the hospitality sector
12:45 pm Lunch and networking
1:45 pm What does the rising trend of mindful drinking mean for future product development?
- What are the reasons behind this rising trend of mindful drinking?
- What does this mean for the industry?
- What does the future of product development look like based on this rising trend?
- Are low-alcohol products the only solution?
Big Drop Brewing
2:15 pm A crash course on CBD
- The Opportunity – From market sizing to product trends, what’s the true potential of CBD for beverages?
- The Landscape – Who’s producing what CBD products, and what are the key differentiators?
- Isolate v Distillate – What’s the difference and why does it matter?
- Regulation and Compliance – Interpreting Novel Foods and future proofing your CBD business
VP International Sales and Business Development
Mile High Labs
2:45 pm Assessing the sensory implications of sugar reduction and the rise of clean label drinks
- Understanding the full sensory impact of sugar reduction in soft drinks
- Charting the rise of clean label drinks and what this means for the industry
- Educating consumers and addressing the fear of additives
Senior Analytical Technologist – Development
3:15 pm Afternoon refreshments and networking
3:45 pm How low do you go?
Brand Ambassador - Low/No ABV
4:15 pm Predicting the next big product trends for 2020 and beyond
- Pinpointing rising flavor trends in the soft drinks industry
- Assessing the longevity of functional beverages, 0% alcohol and free-from drinks
- Understanding the consumers of the future and what motivates them
- Leveraging behavioural analysis to shape new product launches
- Uncovering opportunities for growth in the next 12 months
Innovation Manager, Beverages
4:45 pm Nurturing the new market sensibly
How multinationals, independent brands and start-ups balance economic profit, whilst launching a credible drink to market
Co-Founder and Non-Alc Lead