8:50 am Chair’s opening remarks
CEO, Renetech AB
9:00 am Opening Address: How are energy companies making the transition into a renewable landscape
- Reviewing Europe’s commitments to the adoption of renewable energy
- Assessing the strategies and new technologies utilised by conventional power generation companies to work on lower emissions
- Current renewable energy projects in execution in Europe and their impact to the region
- What are the plans to deliver on the renewable energy commitments?
Barry K. Worthington
Executive Director, United States Energy Association
9:30 am Sponsored presentation by GE Power Services Europe
Gas Power is Part of Europe’s long-term future
As Europe continues to be the pioneer in the transformation towards a greener energy landscape, gas-fired power plants – with their lower emissions, higher efficiency, high flexibility and back-up capabilities – will provide the support needed as renewables continue to deploy, while keeping the power systems stable in this more renewable future. Today’s gas-fired power generation fleets remain important assets in the generation mix to support and bolster intermittent renewable energy sources.
Commercial General Manager
Gas Power Europe
10:00 am Innovation and the digital transformation - an outlook on how digitalisation can be a game-changer for the power generation industry
- Disruptive technologies overview: IIOT, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence,, Machine Learning, Cloud
- What is in it for me? Pros and cons of being an early adopter, and expected ROI
- Choosing the right technology for your business to improve the digital transition
Stefan Lynge Christensen
Senior Chief Consultant
Ramboll Energy Power Generation
10:30 am Morning networking break
10:45 am Business meeting 1
11:20 am Business meeting 2
11:55 am Presentation - Topic to be confirmed
The Future of Gas Power Generation in Europe
Secretary General, EUturbines & EUGINE
12:25 pm STREAM A: GRIDS Modernisation and Innovation
The grid stability challenge: how to handle the new energy sources?
- Understanding the challenges of adding renewable into grids, and how to overcome them
- What can be done to manage power outputs fluctuations?
- How many VRE can we integrate into the energy system while maintaining stability?
- Assessing innovative grid-integrated solutions
- Expected ROI, savings and other benefits from its integration
- Disruptive technologies such as blockchain as enabler of 3D grid development
Trade Development Manager, CEZ Trade Romania
12:25 pm STREAM B: Renewable Energy
140 MMTH Woodchips Fired Powerplant ASV6 Kalundborg
1:00 pm Lunch
2:00 pm Business Meeting 3
2:35 pm Business Meeting 4
3:10 pm STREAM A: GRIDS Modernisation and Innovation
Electric mobility is already at our doors – assessing its potential and development in Europe
- How can electric vehicles transform the utility sector?
- Where are we compared to the rest of the world? Who is investing and making EVs a reality?
- What is already happening: real life cases
- Understanding how electric mobility can be an enabler of electricity market boost
- How to be prepared for its growth and not being caught with unexpected peak load compromising the grid?
- Are utilities and governments exploring the synergies between energy and transportation sectors?
Associate Programme Officer - Renewable Energy Innovation, IRENA
3:10 pm STREAM B: Renewable Energy
An overview of PV projects in Europe
- What drivers are influencing solar development in the region?
- Funding: defining the best strategy
- Addressing the risks in solar energy financing
- PV versus Thermal
- Best practices from current PV projects in execution
- New technologies that are being applied to increase PV panels efficiency
3:40 pm Afternoon Coffee Break
3:55 pm Business meeting 5
4:30 pm STREAM A: GRIDS Modernisation and Innovation
Understanding the benefits of distributed energy systems (Microgrids, BESS, PV) in today’s world
- Global trends, opportunities and barriers in Europe
- Consumers as generators and its commercial impacts: future transactions using blockchain
- Understanding how to effectively integrate renewable energy into microgrids
- Resilience and reliability of power in urban settings
- Technical and financial optimisation to address critical needs
4:30 pm STREAM B Renewable Energy
Wind farms technologies, business models and opportunities
- Utilising IOT, big data and analytics to increase wind farm efficiency
- How to effectively deal with the huge amount of new data and take advantage of it
- Exploring offshore wind market potential in Europe: will it fly?
- Ultra-modern wind turbines: understanding costs vs benefits
5:00 pm Applying disruptive technologies for a predictive approach in power plants
- Why is it so important to adopt predictive maintenance?
- How to avoid damages and reduce the cost of maintenance
- Overcoming technical challenges with the use of sensors, predictive analytics and cloud-based technology
- Overcoming challenges to obtain high-quality operational data
- Utilising preventive tools and techniques to maximise operational efficiency
5:30 pm Chair’s closing remarks followed by Drinks Reception
8:50 am Chair’s opening remarks
9:00 am Implementing a Digital solution: the human element in a digital revolution
- “Big brother is watching you” – Culture and Concerns
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning – what does it really mean?
- Accepting advice from a robot
- Data security from an employee’s point of view
- Data security from an enterprises’ point of view
CEO, Uniper Anlagenservice
9:30 am Sponsored presentation by Ansaldo Energia
10:00 am Morning networking break
10:10 am Business meeting 6
10:45 am Business meeting 7
11:20 am STREAM A: Conventional Generation
New business Models to achieve 100% renewable immediately
- Hydrogen: An alternative fuel for gas turbines?
- How do you transform conventional generation technology to use renewable gas or hydrogen, thus making it carbon-neutral?
- Ancillary services and generation back-up: The future of conventional generation?
Former EVP, R&D & Innovation, ENGIE; CEO, Sunriver Energies
11:20 am STREAM B: Energy Storage and Digitalisation
|Energy storage: no more use it or lose it, store it!
· An overview of its applicability, financing and potential evolution
· Tap into the latest developments in energy storage technologies
· Understanding the costs and ROI of energy storage
· How can energy storage integrate renewable energy, and how the different sources impact on its development
11:55 am Business meeting 8
12:30 pm STREAM A: Conventional Generation
|Reviewing methods to optimise life cycle management of gas and steam plants
· Role of performance and condition monitoring as well as predictive maintenance to optimising plant O&M
· Complexities of scheduling downtime, start-up/ shutdown and spinning reserves, along with constraints of SOx and NOx emissions
· Optimising scheduling of refurbishments and investments through plant lifecycle management
12:30 pm STREAM B: Energy Storage and Digitalisation
|The challenge of intermittency: The role of flexibility and storage
· Discussing the importance of flexibility over storage
· Hybrid solutions: Providing a viable role for storage
· The solution of intermittency through combining storage and renewables
Senior Project Manager & Business Developer
1:00 pm Lunch
2:00 pm Business meeting 9
2:35 pm Business meeting 10
3:10 pm STREAM A: Conventional Generation
|Gas turbines and the changing environment
3:10 pm STREAM B: Energy Storage and Digitalisation
|The roadmap to achieving power plant digital transformation
· Industry 4.0 is happening now
· Discussing best practices for the wider digitalisation of power generation
· What technologies should we be looking at? IIOT, Machine Learning, Cloud, AI and blockchain
3:40 pm Asset Management for power systems
4:10 pm Air quality control systems in thermal power plants
4:10 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: A balance of the environmental and social impacts of renewables
|· Renewable energy transition: collective efforts into the path to decarbonisation
· Are we hitting the targets promised on the Paris Agreements?
· How is the world benefiting from clean energy and what should we expect when the target is achieved?
· From public health benefits, to job creation, and more dignity to families in remote areas: the role of renewables in our world