9:30 am Opening Address: Preparing for the new normal - an outlook on the impact of COVID-19 in the energy industry in 2020 and what to expect onwards
- How has coronavirus changed work culture, tools and workflows?
- Planning for additional volatility and risk
- Will it change the way we deal with supply chain demand?
- Automation and digitalisation as important allies for enhanced resiliency
- Lessons learned
Director of Sales and Product Development
10:00 am Sponsored Presentation by MTU
10:30 am Sponsored Presentation by AVEVA
11:00 am Panel Discussion: Long term roadmap for development and regulatory framework for Renewable Energy
- Enhancing energy security with governments and regulators
- Regulation and policy roadmap after COVID-19
- Green Deal and clean energy package
- Will coronavirus push sustainability and climate change down the list of concerns or up?
- Key government activities to support development of the renewables industry – current programmes, projects, initiatives and regulatory changes to attract investments
Head of Gas
Florence School of Regulation
11:50 am Virtual networking break
12:05 pm Wind farms technologies, business models and opportunities
- Utilising IOT, big data and analytics to increase wind farm efficiency
- How to effectively deal with the huge amount of new data and take advantage of it
- Exploring offshore wind market potential in Europe: will it fly?
- Ultra-modern wind turbines: understanding costs vs benefits
CEO at Abeeolica, Vice Chair of Board at GWEC
12:35 pm Sponsored Presentation by Mitsubishi Power
1:05 pm Interview - Discussing Hydrogen: from generation to trade, storage, combustion and transportation
- The importance of Hydrogen for the energy transition
- Best practices on utilising existing units previously built for natural gas
- Potential markets for renewable hydrogen
- Future use of decarbonised hydrogen for power generation
Vattenfall Europe Innovation GmbH
1:35 pm Deep diving into energy storage technologies and usability
- How to value energy storage as an investment?
- Grid scale battery usage x small scale
- Battery storage technologies and economic viability
- What is the role of electric vehicles in the energy storage industry
2:05 pm Virtual Networking Break
2:20 pm Electric mobility is already at our doors – assessing its potential and development in Europe
- How can electric vehicles transform the utility sector?
- What is already happening: real life cases
- Understanding how electric mobility can be an enabler of electricity market boost
- How to be prepared for its growth and not being caught with unexpected peak load compromising the grid?
- Are utilities and governments exploring the synergies between energy and transportation sectors
Network Development and Electrification Manager
2:50 pm Utilising electric heaters for long term thermal energy storage
Country Head – Nordics & Baltic State
3:20 pm Virtual Networking Break
3:35 pm Understanding how to maximise ROI and efficiency on photovoltaic solar assets
- What are the main challenges and opportunities on PV asset management?
- Implementing innovative solutions for increased O&M efficiency
4:05 pm The power of distributed energy systems (Microgrids, BESS, PV) to solve today’s and tomorrow’s challenges
- Global trends, opportunities and barriers in Europe
- Consumers as generators and its commercial impacts: future transactions using blockchain
- Understanding how to effectively integrate renewable energy into microgrids
- Resilience and reliability of power in urban settings
- Technical and financial optimisation to address critical needs