Clinical Oncology Operations Roundtable Forum 2021
DAY 1|20th April 2021
8:45 am OPENING WELCOME
Bonnie Bain, Global Head and Executive Vice President of Healthcare Operations and Strategy at GlobalData to provide the opening address.
Global Head and Executive Vice President of Healthcare Operations and Strategy
9:00 am Opening Keynote
We welcome David Townson, Executive in Early Programs Immuno-Oncology at Bayer to open the day. David will introduce us to today’s themes and discuss how the day is to run.
Executive in Early Programs Immuno-Oncology
9:30 am Panel Discussion: Hindsight is 2020: Exploring the Impact of a disrupted 2020 on the Oncology Industry
After the disruption of 2020, we are offering this opportunity for the industry to come back together to share ideas and reflect on the past year. Join this informal discussion session to share your experiences and thoughts on the challenges and successes since we were last together in 2019.
Discussion points include:
• 2020: how did we do? How badly impacted were your trials?
• How did you find remote working? What were the positives and
negatives of the ‘new normal’?
• How has COVID impacted our patients, partners and businesses
10:00 am Session Reserved for Event Sponsor
Further description to follow.
10:30 am What does Covid-19 exposure mean for cancer patient health and clinical trials?
- Uncovering the ways that the Covid-19 virus threatens patient safety and validity of clinical data and how to overcome this in your clinical trial strategy
- Considering the scenario whereby a patient is exposed to coronavirus and whether that disrupts the validity of their drug response in an oncology trial
- Looking ahead at the long-term implications of Covid-19 infection and if this could lead to an increase in cancer prevalence and other health conditions; will this shape the pharmaceutical industry and future of clinical trials?
Chief Medical Officer
11:00 am Roundtable Topics
Each table runs 2 times (11 am and 12 noon) on the same topic. Tables are exclusive, other vendors cannot attend.
Attendees can select up to 3 roundtables.
- Direct-to-Patient Clinical Trials in oncology
- Oncology Trials in APAC
- Changes in Oncology Trial Management since COVID
- AI and Big Data in Oncology Trials
- Oncology trials in emerging markets
- Innovation and new technology within oncology trials
- Patient recruitment in oncology trials
- CRO and site selection
1:00 pm 121 Meeting Allocation
Take this time to set up meetings with fellow delegates.
3:00 pm CLOSING KEYNOTE: Regulatory spotlight: pathways for expedited drug approvals in oncology
- Focusing on the latest updates on expedited pathways for oncology programs and thinking strategically about how to deal with them from a regulatory point of view
- Analysing how the FDA’s regulatory framework is evolving and what this means for trial sponsors
- Outlining the FDA’s established and pilot programs and what different pathways are available for oncology companies
- Providing advice on early planning and a solid regulatory strategy to get your drug to patients quicker
Executive Director, Regulatory Affairs
To enquire about sponsorship opportunities for the conference, please contact:
Sales Director – Healthcare
T: +44 (0)207 936 6948
To enquire about speaking opportunities for the conference, please contact:
Senior Conference Producer
T: +44 (0) 20 7832 4323