Robo Advice and Mass Affluent Banking Conference 2021
DAY 1|8th June 2021
Winning the battle for the mass affluent client
Building robo-advice capabilities to improve operational effectiveness
9:30 am Behavioural finance and the rise of the robo-adviser in wealth management
- Changing investing habits and democratisation of wealth management – from pre-millennials to millennials to centennials
- Understanding what risk means for individuals – helping clients to become more comfortable with wealth structures
- Exploring the impact of emotions on client investment decisions – why the journey matters for investors
- How to leverage research into behavioural biases of individual investors to build better investment platforms
Head of Behavioural Finance
10:00 am The missing link to success - recognising the need for human touch
- The need for hyper personalisation
- Bringing together the best of human and AI capabilities to take service to the next level
- Using AI for value not volume
- Why the human touch matters
Head of Data Science and Customer Insight
C. Hoare & Co
10:30 am Top 3 mistakes made by robo advisors, and how to avoid them
Hard truths from someone who builds them:
– It’s not a process, but a coach
– It’s not about human-centric design, but human-centric investing:
– It’s not about being functional, but hyper-personal
Senior Product Advisor, Robo Advisor
11:00 am Networking break
11:15 am The evolution of financial advice: How to build scalable solutions for the future
- The gamestop revolution: A whole new generation is becoming financially engaged, but want it to work differently. Tech will bring them in but we still need people/ personal connection to keep them
- There isn’t a single industry answer: why industries will need to work together to deliver affordable, accessible and approachable financial well-being across tech, coaching, education, financial advice and robo advice
- The scale game: Some thoughts on how to build companies and teams that can rise to the challenge
11:45 am Reinventing the mass affluent customer journey with digital transformation
- Exploring the trends – going digital is a given as we cannot survive without the use of technology
- Current reality: expectations have not been met with developments in technology in financial services. Some more advanced than others – but still a long way to go.
- The need for human touch and customised advice
- Finding the right solution – hybrid model. Robots to take care of the time-consuming straight-forward questions, and then humans to make it personal.
- The role of financial advisers in connecting the financial solutions and products with clients’ needs
- The ongoing debate – client service remain key
Executive Director and Deputy CEO
Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Limited
12:15 pm Why white belt nudging in investment advice is nowadays easier than ever before
- AI, Behavioural Finance and further analytics enable the best understanding for the customers’ interests and motivations.
- What matters the most is the added value we create by providing the right information at the right time.
- Building a successful model portfolio is one thing. Making your investment abilities stand out and be clearly visible for the customer creates excitement!
- It is time for a triple play: great co-financial planning, superb CIO content and a truly personalised service. Digitally of course!
Head of Sales and Partner Management
12:45 pm Embracing AI to differentiate your proposition and wrapping portfolios under listed certificates to reduce operational inefficiencies
- Why and how to utilise Ai to improve investment outcomes
- Why and how to utilise listed certificates to reduce costs and improve operational efficiencies
Head of Sales and Global Financial Institutions
Sanlam Global Investment Solutions
1:15 pm Networking break
1:30 pm Reshaping the future of asset allocation with robo-advice
- Learn first-hand from a disruptor and fintech innovator
- All what you need to know about the platform behind the most downloaded robo-advisor app in Europe
- How to innovate within the D2C strategy by offering unique diversified portfolios made up of exchange-traded funds
- Discover the latest tools to mitigate against portfolio losses – systematic risk management and performance creation supported by behavioural finance-based algorithms
- Ensuring regulatory compliance in a pan-European presence
2:00 pm The evolution of the Robo advisor business model - Hybrid Robos
- The opportunity in investment and wealth is digital
- An entirely new younger customer segment the ‘digital native’ has emerged
- How the robo market is evolving
Head of Strategy & Partnerships
2:30 pm Panel session Mass affluent banking: Unlocking an untapped revenue segment
- Winning the battle for the mass affluent market segment – how do we get more first-time investors to the market?
- What are the tools and technologies needed to get mass affluent/novice investors invested?
- How are incumbents reacting to the highs of new direct to consumer/investor platforms? Can challenger banks diversify into investments effectively?
- Future developments – how will ESG impact digital investment/advisory propositions going forward?
Head of Digital Investing
Head of Business Development
Co-Head of Digital Distribution
3:00 pm Pioneering seamless finance: How Skandia future-proofed their wealth business
Head of Business Development
3:30 pm Reinventing the mass affluent customer journey with digital transformation
- Explore the rise of the digital landscape, the mobile service model, and its impact on today’s customer expectations of a financial provider.
- The value of leveraging a private onestop digital channel for customers to receive premier just in time assistance – in a secure, compliant, and managed environment.
- Understand the power of holding digital presence on customer devices to build brand virality and customer loyalty.
- Explore the benefits of embracing customer-centric digital strategies to fast track transactions and increase revenue.
- A look into the future of customer convenience through an immersive, interactive virtual branch experience.
Head of Strategic Business Development
4:00 pm Driving client acquisition – successful distribution strategies for robo-advice
- Using robo-advice to scale advisory community to serve more clients and to target the mass affluent segment
- Discovering robo-advice advantages – lower cost of acquisition, capturing new client generation, more time to focus on a client, lower overhead expenses, the impact on fees and profitability
- Industry’s role in consumer financial education and democratisation of wealth management
Director of Sales & Distribution
4:30 pm swissQuant RoboAdvisor - how to cover the full B2B2C value chain
Head of Sustainable Finance and Wealth Management, Member of the Executive Board
swissQuant Group AG
5:00 pm Conference ends
2:30 pm Panel session Exploring robo-advice capabilities for operational effectiveness
- Robo-advice as a tool to increase advisor productivity in targeting new demographic of investors
- What can robo-advisors do – from performance monitoring to product and portfolio recommendations
- Addressing the limits of robo-advisory – human factor, reputation, biased algorithms
- Future of investing and the role of robo-advisors in undeveloped markets of CEE region
Founder & CEO
3:00 pm A new banking model for the mass affluent
- Hear first-hand from an entrepreneur who is on a mission to remake banking and make it easier for busy people with complex needs to achieve their financial goals
- Discover the reasons why the first wave of neobanks have failed
- Building a new profitable model by preserving what is really good about banking and taking away the legacy cost
- The impact of COVID-19 pandemic on customer behaviour and expectations
Co-founder and CEO
3:30 pm Increasing client conversion, reach and retention in the advisory flow, an insight from the Nordics
Chief Commercial Director and Co-Founder
5:00 pm Conference ends
To enquire about sponsorship opportunities for the conference, please contact:
T: +44 207 936 6552
The 2021 programme is written in collaboration with industry leaders. If you have a case study, ideas or comments, please contact:
T: 0207 9366 960