Top 5 places to visit in Bergen
As we move from Stavanger to Bergen for the 9th Annual Fire Protection and Safety in Tunnels conference, we have researched into the top 5 places for you to visit whilst you are in the Ex Norwegian Capital.
1. Bryggen Hanseatic Wharf – The Historic Harbour district has played an important part in the past, acting as part of the Hanseatic leagues trading empire between the 14th – 16th century; it is now chock full of restaurants, studios and boutique shops, waiting to be explored by visitors.
2. Market Square – Located at the southeast end of the city’s main harbour, the bustling atmosphere derived from the 700 year old fish marketing has continued to the present. Indulge yourself in traditional Norwegian market atmosphere.
3. Bergenhus Fortress – Since the 16th century, the old Bergenhus Fortress has dominated the entrance to Bergen’s harbour and remains one of the most remarkable establishment in Scandinavia.
4. Fantoft Stavkirke – This historical piece of architecture was originally built in Fortun in 1150. During the 1800s, the magnificent structure was threatened by demolition, but was bailed and moved to Fantof. Later in the 20th century, the building was destroyed by arson and was later rebuilt to what it is today.
5. The most beautiful train ride – Enjoy one of the most spectacular views at 1222 metres above sea level. The award winning Bergensbanen has been named the World’s most beautiful train ride several times.
For more information about things to in Bergen while attending the Fire Protection event, visit our official cityguide here. For venue or hotel enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you in Bergen!
Arena’s business-to-business events offer a myriad of opportunities for sponsors and exhibitors to drive their businesses forward.
Our sponsorship packages help companies educate ther target market on key industry issues and spread brand awareness throughout the
If you want to discuss how we can help you generate leads and add-value to your corporate and brand image please contact:
+44 (0)20 7936 6948